Local Agriculture initiative
Key Components For Urban Agriculture Sites
1. Environment: Maintenence, preservation, support, and awareness by increasing our green spaces, and development for the County of Los Angeles. The education and research of pollinator species and plants, as well as herbs have become essential to our site's ecosystem balance and therapeutic purposes.
2. Healthy Living: Promoting fresh food access, increasing food sovereignty, and addressing food desserts through project-based learning. We're training members on how to grow their own food, and providing access for other sustainable quality food options.
3. Life Skills: Gardening, farming, and cooking have been integrated into training offered to families, as part of our program activities.
4. Occupational Training: Designed with the potential for career training in agriculture, and or food industries.
5. Community Engagement: We encourage all residents, volunteers, schools, and businesses, to become growers and trainers alongside families in our programs.
Clean, Green & Renewable Energy Program
The purpose of this program is to encourage and increase access in urban communities that are underserved, underrepresented, challenged, and low-income.
The goal is to provide resources, education, access, and address grassroots or systemic problems with positive innovative solutions that benefit local schools, homes and citizens within these communities long-term.
***Also, Youth & Student Job Training Available.